Hythe Pioneer Homes offers Full Service Lodge Accommodations as well as Senior Citizen Apartments.
Full Service Lodge Highlights:
- Single and Couples Suites
- 3 Home Cooked Meals Daily
- Morning, Afternoon and Evening Snacks
- Private Dining room available for family gatherings and special occasions
- Rooms Cleaned Weekly and Annually
- Chapel Services
- 24 hour staff onsite
- Personal Laundry
- Seniors Van Service
- Access to Medication assistance through Alberta Health Services
- Regular events and activities
- Regular newsletter
- Family Participation Encouraged
- Visitors Welcome
Click on a link below to view samples of a few available Floor Plans of our Lodge Rooms (pdf). More Room Plans are avaialble but not shown.
Senior Citizen 1 Bedroom Apartment Highlights:
- 1 Bedroom
- Monthly Rent is 30% of income up to rent ceiling (approved annually)
- Heat, Water and Sewer Included
- Tea Room
- No charge parking
- Electricity $50/month (Happy Valley)
- Fridge, Stove, Washer and Dryer provided
- Senior Van Service Available
Apartment Room sizes:
- Happy Valley apts are 420 sq. ft.
- Cozy Corner apts are 470 sq. ft.
- Hyalta apts are 520 sq. ft.
SENIORS HOUSING APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Applications are to be completed and returned to Hythe and District Pioneer Homes. All applications are assessed based on the need for housing with priority for the next available unit going to the applicant in most need.
The assessment of need for housing will consider
- Length of time as a resident of the area
- Financial status
- Condition of present accommodation
- Need for services such as transportation, meals, housekeeping, medical services, safety and security.
Once an application is received and assessed it is put on the waiting list based on the assessed level of need and the date of the application. For applications assessed to the same level of need, the applicant whom applied first will be considered for the next available unit.
Once an applicant is offered a unit, a decision to take the unit must be made within 24 hours. The applicant will then have an additional 4 days to come in and sign the contract for the lodging or the lease agreement, which must include payment of the first month’s rent. Actual move in to the unit should take place within 30 days, or as approved by the Administrator.
As applications are based on the need for a lodge or an apartment unit, it is assumed that all applicants on waiting lists will take a unit when offered. Please note if you have chosen a specific project as a priority, you can go on an internal transfer list once you are in the Hythe Pioneer Home Lodge. Prior to offering a vacant unit to the top applicant on the waiting list, the top resident on the transfer list would be offered the unit.
The Hythe and District Pioneer Homes will contact all applicants on the active and inactive waiting lists once a year. At this time, a reassessment will be done if necessary, including a move from the inactive to active waiting list. All applicants are encouraged to contact the Lodge at any time to update information for a reassessment.